Yes it has been, and remains quite an adventure.
The only thing that has remained constant in this whole quest is my intense desire is to find and live this True Path I was obviously put on this earth to live. You know the one, the path to joy, live the life you love, happiness and beyond etc. There are so many ways of expressing it, and if you search as I have, the same amount of people and organisations proclaiming to have the secret map.
So it’s fair to ask after spending an incalculable amount of money and time on this quest, did I find the treasure map that leads to nirvana and never ending joy?
Well I will get to that answer soon, in the mean time I would like to express some of the insights I experienced along the way. The only rule here is that they all start with: In my experience -
- The truth you know and defend today will inevitability change tomorrow,
- Always question the real motives of people and organization's of all types, who have so much invested in their version of the truth that other possibilities are impossible,
- Remain open to the impossible, as it just may be possible tomorrow,
- Change is inevitable – acceptance and appreciation are optional,
- Knowledge combined with direct experience equals wisdom,
- The Being driving the bus of life may not be me,
- Always ask the questions you really don’t want to know the answers, to such as:
o Who am I?
o Who is the I?
o What is reality and what is illusion?
o What is the truth?
- The ego lives in a world of duality, the heart and soul live in oneness,
- And so much more, so for now I will just leave it as etc.
There was only one issue, and that was I had not become aware of it!
That is the difference now, I am aware of it and in doing so am having a very different direct experience of my life.
As I have expressed previously “life and change happens” no matter what, and my path is to just turn up and enjoy it. That is why I could never find the damn map, I didn’t need it, as it is not my job to find my way, it is given to me one step at a time and my only task is to take the step.
This is what I mean by living and traveling intuitively. We don’t have, or need a map, (except the van GPS, that helps sometimes). We accept and appreciate life as it comes and take the obvious action when the universal signs indicate, the only trick is to be quiet enough to see and hear them.
Now if you have bothered to read this far, you may not feel that this is for you and my only suggestion is try it for yourself. Give it a go, what have you got to lose.
You see when we come across an idea that challenges us, or we do not agree with, we tend to dismiss it out of hand because we have so much invested in what we believe already. However I have found that the only way I know what works for me is to try it on and have a direct experience of it.
I will leave you with one question “Do you feel it is possible, that everybody is actually on their path, living the life that they were meant to have, with the only choice being in how they choose to experience it?”
PS: If you feel inclined, drop us a comment below.